Wednesday, August 5

Seomyeon Station, Busan

Hello! I'm trying not to get too far behind with these posts. I want to remember everything and record it all as I go. And I wish you all could be experiencing this with me!

Today (August 5th), we had classes all day. Two lectures before lunch, two lectures after lunch. It's exhausting, but the presentations have been awesome. So far, they have brought in past TaLK scholars, Korean educators, and TEFL professors at the university. The funnest teachers are the ones who actually teach kids. They're so energetic. The lecture topics today were on teaching in the EFL situation, how to motivate students, classroom management, and cooperative learning.

[side note: go watch this youtube video one of the presenters used in his lecture--for no other reason than "I just think it was a really cute video," haha]

After dinner, we had an hour-long Korean language class. Which was actually super fun. One of the native Korean TaLK girls taught, and she was hilarious. So far, I am loving Koreans. :)

Everything is catching up to me, and I'm exhausted. Tonight, I'm being antisocial, updating this blog, and then going straight to bed. :)



No pics from today, but check out these awesome pics from yesterday's adventures. We walked a few blocks and then took the subway to Seomyeon Station:




 


I look kind of scary. Selfie cameras aren't so flattering all the time. But I wanted to show you one of my best friends, Cris. Love her.




We went to this Korean dessert cafe on the second level. Because I didn't want to join the soju group, obviously.

Patbingsu. Oh my gosh, I died and went to heaven. This was the most amazing dessert: shaved ice (but it's fluffier than in the states), sweetened condensed milk...or some really sweet sauce, whipped cream, cheesecake, and fresh mangoes.

My roommate is the girl on the front left. Her name is Jen, she's from Canada. She's great. We had a good time practicing our Korean tonight after class. I now know how to say "Many cucumbers, please." Because you're always saying that at the grocery store...



Don't you just want to try all these desserts?? Me too. I probably will.

So many street food options. I was too full of dessert. But next time.


Little shops everywhere, jam-packed with merchandise. I'll bring everyone a pair of Obama ankle socks home.

I love the bright signs and lights everywhere. It's incredible.

Um...flower/plant tower thingy?

So many cars (all very nice, by the way). So many people (also very nice, like the cute group who helped us figure out the best spot to stand to get taxis). And I finally learned how to say 미안해요, so I can apologize next time I bump into someone on the street.




사랑해요 Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment