Thursday, August 27

I just made a nectarine cobbler. In my rice cooker. ...Huh?

Yes. Really. 
Funny that this is the first thing I made in my rice cooker--you know, because I live in Asia where rice is eaten at every meal. I didn't really need to make a dessert tonight (I may or may not have had Baskin Robbins 2 hours ago), but I needed a baking/cooking fix. I was going through withdrawals, I think.

I have no counter space. My little Asian table on the floor will have to do.

Before cooking:

After cooking:
It may look like a lumpy mess, but it tastes delicious. Even though I substituted soybean oil for butter...

My classroom is getting cuter...


...but I, on the other hand, have reached my maximum level of cuteness. I get told I'm pretty or beautiful on a daily basis...by students, coworkers, ajummas...it's going to my head. ;)

Speaking of cute, this little guy is totes adorbs. I don't lose my key in my bag anymore.

 Grocery shopping... 

So expensive. :(

Er...it's supposed to say "Dairy"...this is why I'm here teaching English...

Again, so expensive...but I will probably indulge at least once this semester and make sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting for my kids.

Chillin' with my homies at the bus stop... 



I'm such a creeper. This guy had an awesome beard, though.

I really wanted to get a picture of the old lady who came on the bus after I got on. She was so cute. She was grinning at everyone, flashing a lovely gold tooth, haha. Later, she said something to me in gibberish Korean, laughing and smiling at me. Uh-huh. Smile and nod, smile and nod.

Across from the bus stop. How would you even find anything in this store? It's floor-to-ceiling merchandise (junk)...


More grocery shopping...


But I finally found baking powder in this store! I was so excited. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract. Wish me luck.

Oh, and these are the traditional Korean cookies that look and taste like a wax candle. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment