Sunday, August 16

Church and Street Food and Shopping

The Church is true in Busan, too

We made it on time to church this week! Yay! We got to talk with the missionaries more, and I got a Korean Book of Mormon to give to one of my friends. :)

Left to right: Sister Dayley from Idaho, and TaLK scholars (Merin from Utah, me, Brian from Utah, and Julie from Australia)

I didn't take a picture of this last time. This is where you take your shoes off and exchange them for slippers. I love their cleanliness in Korea!

Such a pretty building. I am sad I'm not staying in Busan longer. But I will find a church next week in Chuncheon for sure.



Nampo

After church, we took the subway to Nampo for street food and shopping. Super fun area. It feels like...New York maybe? I can't think of what to compare it to, but it's awesome.

Ok, these next photos aren't very clear, because I was taking the picture through glass. This is a little pet shop we passed. In every cube/box thing, there was a little puppy. They were adorable! I want one...



Street food! 

It was so crowded and SO hot. I didn't get to try everything that I would have liked to, just because I was so sweaty and uncomfortable. But everything looked delicious. Well, maybe not this dried fish stand:


I didn't get a very good picture of the food, but this is the stand we ate at. We shared some dumplings, fish cakes and blood sausage. The fish cakes/blood sausage were SO spicy (yes, I really did try the blood sausage). Our mouths were on fire, but it was actually pretty yummy. 

While standing here at the stand, a random Korean guy took our picture. He wanted lots of pictures of us eating the food. I don't know why. We saw him go up to other Westerners, too. Who knows, maybe I'll be famous on some Korean tourism website...



So many people...

To cool our burning mouths, we got ice cream: 

Um, yes. I know. The cone is oddly shaped. But it was yummy and cold. I didn't care.



You are all getting a cat coin purse and clothing with random English phrases when I come home:




Couples' shirts!!! Awww, I love it so much. You see this a lot.

Cat cafes. I haven't been to one yet. But I will go eventually. Not because I like cats. I hate cats. But just for the cultural experience.

I love that it says "Take a photo together"

Apparently, if you want to smoke, you go to the "Healing Zone"...makes sense...?

Lotte Mall

Lotte Mall. It's eleven floors. Huge.

A child's urinal in the women's restroom. We were so worried it was going to be a co-ed restroom. False alarm. There was a bidet toilet, as well, but...I opted for the Western toilets.

A glimpse of the center of the mall. They do a light/water show every hour. We just missed it, though. The first time I came to this mall, I only saw these four floors. But, no, there's eleven.

Asian kids are the most adorable things in the whole world. We also took pictures by this huge teddy bear thing, but I will have to ask someone for copies. For now, enjoy my creeping on children pic.

So, the top floor has a viewing deck and zoo. Yes, a zoo. 



I'm assuming this lets you know where the bathrooms are...

Aww...a love tunnel.

Busan, from the viewing deck (zoomed in)


Busan Bridge

Do you see how crowded everything is? I kind of really love it. :)



Well, that was my Sabbath day. Haha. Kind of different from Sundays at home...

2 comments:

  1. One question. Do they eat cats? Eeeew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I don't think so. I know they eat dog in some places. The cat cafe is just a coffee shop that lets you pet some random cats while sipping your drink. Doesn't seem very food-safe to me...haha...

    ReplyDelete