Thursday, October 1

Part 3, the tail-end of my Chuseok adventures


On Tuesday afternoon, Cris and I took a bus from Yesan to Seoul. This Korean guy found a comfortable pillow in my shoulder for part of the ride up. I pretended to be asleep most of the time to spare us both the awkwardness of him waking up and realizing he was leaning on me... Haha.

Once in Seoul, I met up with a friend I met at the YSA Conference last weekend. His name's Lawson. He's in the Air Force. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures with him. Anyway, we went to a Korean cemetary/tomb place in the Gangnam area. It was a gorgeous, foresty park in the middle of the huge city. I love that about Seoul, that you can find so many scenic parks tucked in between huge skyscrapers and busy freeways.



The stairs you see in this picture are "spirit stairs" so you're not allowed to walk on them...only spirits...
Is Korea not the most beautiful place?!




The tombs were for some Korean kings and queens, but I didn't pay attention to who exactly. I just liked the cool statues.



Again, a path only for spirits...



The gardener was watering the grass on top of the tomb hill...


This picture just taken for Mom's benefit...

The perks of having a friend in the Air Force? You get to have dinner on an American base:
So awesome.

And that was my weekend trip!


A handful of pictures from last week that never got posted: 
I love spending the Korean government's money... (my school had an allowance for me to use on furnishing my apartment...I'm also going to order an oven, which is going to be fantastic!)

Um...just a drawing from one of my first graders. Apparently Korean strawberries have penises.

One of my first grade classes. You would think teaching these cute kids would just be a joy...but they are absolutely crazy most of the time...

School lunch on Friday. The brown slab of whatever was a dumpling-ish thing with vegetables and glass noodles inside. It was okay. The curry in the upper left was delicious, though.

As I was leaving school, a couple of my 4th grade girls motioned me over to where they were sitting on the school steps. They had a hedgehog: random and awesome. I had to get a picture with my hedgehog keychain...

Whaa? So cute.

Okay, that's all. I'm finally caught up on my blog. Bedtime for me! Good night and good morning!

2 comments:

  1. I sure love your posts!!! They make me laugh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It makes me happy that you read them. :)

    ReplyDelete